The Purple Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey members! Also check out http://apollostemple.userboard.net/

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chivalry...dead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genevieve

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm on another forum: Topic: "Is Chivalry Dead?" , and it seems as though just about everyone on the topic has said that it's dead, yet they turn around and say things like, "I'm always polite and hold doors open for people, etc." So, if it's really dead, why are there all of these chivalrous people claiming that it is in fact dead? Aren't they themselves the ones helping prolong the "life" of chivalry by being chivalrous? Wanted to share. Now, I want to know what you all think
Genevieve
Back to top Go down
Xerxes

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Well given what you've said here, it seems that some people are a bit confused as to what it means to be chivalrous then. If they are being chivalrous, then there is no way that chivalry can be dead. Even if there is only one person out there who is chivalrous, then chivalry cannot be dead; it may however be rare and far between if there is only one chivalrous man/woman on the earth. In my opinion, chivalry is far from dead. There are still men out there who will hold doors open for women, heck, women do the same!
Back to top Go down
Genevieve

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:16 pm

That's what I thought too! I don't understand the ways things can be viewed by other people sometimes. And yet, they all agree. How can so many people come to one conclusion that's false?
Genevieve
Back to top Go down
Nicki
Nicki

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Genevieve wrote:
How can so many people come to one conclusion that's false?

Hey now Genevieve, don't go making some hasty generalizations. It may be false by your definition but to others, it's seen as true. I don't think that Chivalry is dead either, given the way that my bf and some of the men in my family are. But, maybe some don't experience chivalry the way that we might...

Trying to make both sides happy...

Nicki
Back to top Go down
Genevieve

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 pm

I know I know. But what I'm trying to understand is why someone would say something is dead, such as chivalry, when they themselves practice it?
Genevieve
Back to top Go down
Ailurophile228
Ailurophile228

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Interesting topic. Maybe they feel like they are the only ones being chivalrous so they feel like it's dead. Just because Mullets aren't in style and may be considered dead, people still wear them, don't they?
Back to top Go down
TwilightFan1293
TwilightFan1293

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Um isnt chivalry the knight in shining armor type stuff?
Back to top Go down
Nicki
Nicki

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:45 pm

TwilightFan1293 wrote:
Um isnt chivalry the knight in shining armor type stuff?

Not any more...that's what chivalry used to be. Full of damsels in distress and such, but now it seems that maybe our generation's form of chivalry has mutated. Maybe we've dulled down today's definition of chivalry to meet societies norms.

Nicki
Back to top Go down
Genevieve

Reader
Reader

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 am

Ailurophile228 wrote:
Just because Mullets aren't in style and may be considered dead, people still wear them, don't they?

i really don't think that we can consider them dead then, they might be a dying fashion or some would not wanna be caught dead with a mullet, but we cannot say that it is dead just because people think it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chivalry...dead? _
PostSubject: Re: Chivalry...dead?   Chivalry...dead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chivalry...dead?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Purple Quill :: Miscellaneous :: Tangents-
Jump to: