The Purple Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey members! Also check out http://apollostemple.userboard.net/

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Epistle of James

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jon
Jon

Reader
Reader

The Epistle of James _
PostSubject: The Epistle of James   The Epistle of James Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Here is a document I submitted for a class several years ago of a critique on the epistle (letter) of James, as found in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. Before judging the criticizing techniques used and the rhetorical strategies employed, amongst other aspects of the report worth discussing, it might benefit folk interested in participating in this thread to first read the epistle in full. If you do not have access to a physical copy of this text, one can be obtained online here: James (ESV) :: Bible Gateway. Familiarity with the other texts referenced in the report may also be helpful, but I do not think it necessary.

Finally, the file is in PDF format, and copy-pasting from it may prove difficult. Since I had submitted the file a while ago, I no longer have a simple text version of it, and retrieving the text from a PDF file is rather more taxing in effort than I would like it to be, so I have left it as it is. My apologies if this format creates any inconveniences.

So, please give me your comments; I am eager for your input!
Jon
Attachments
James_.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(143 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Jon on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : That was thAn...)
Back to top Go down

The Epistle of James

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Purple Quill :: Read, Write, Discuss :: Non-Fiction-
Jump to: